276°
Posted 20 hours ago

WORMbox | Wormery Worm Farm composter 4 Black Trays | 64 liters | Organic Waste Compost, make your Worm Castings

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If too much waste is added for the worms to cope with then the wormery may start to smell. This could also attract flies and possibly vermin. Remove and dispose of excess or undigested food. Wait until the worms start digesting the top layer of food before adding further waste. Once the worms have eaten your initial offerings then increase the amounts slightly each time you add food. You will soon be adding a good amount of food regularly once the population has established itself and as they start to multiply. The bin is mounted onto a set of very strong wheels that can support up to 100kg. This means the bin can be easily moved out of the way for instance for cleaning the floor underneath or if you know you need to move the bin to different places fairly frequently. It also means it can be used as a seat for your kids or yourself, weight permitting, of course.

WORMbox | Wormery Worm Farm composter 4 Black Trays | 64

The bin scores on the eco side of things for being made of recycled plastic. And it has a couple of features other bins don’t provide. As recommended in the article I used hessian to cover the worms in the box (that was my interpretation) to find I had a few worms entwined in the weave of fabric and nearly garrotting themselves so decided to opt for a layer of thin brown card instead. As a keen fisherman I love the idea of having worms on tap ready to go for my fishing trips. Starting a worm farm isn’t difficult and can be quite rewarding, not only because you are breeding your own worms, but because as a by product your worms create vermicompost, which is a compost high in nutrients and very good for your garden. It’s a great way to recycle food waste in the process. Buying A Worm Farm Or Make Your Own? A wormery provides an efficient and easy means of turning kitchen waste into nutrient-rich compost. It uses composting worms to do the job and the end product is rich fertile compost and liquid fertiliser that you can use in your garden to grow plants and vegetables. Once the top tray’s full, swap it round with the empty middle tray and start filling that instead. The worms will migrate up through the holes to where the food is, leaving the full tray empty of worms and ready for collection. Repeat this process each time the active tray becomes full up. Worm tea or worm wee makes a nutritious liquid feed for your plants Using Worm Compost and Worm WeeOne tip I here people saying alot is to leave a light on in the room the wormery is. That’s providing you have located your wormery inside. Key specs – Dimensions (LWH): 47 x 47 x 54cm; Capacity: 56 litres; Suitable for: Indoor use; Material: Plastic The food accumulated in your food waste bin can be sorted into worm friendly food and non worm friendly food. When giving your worms food you need to start with small amounts in the early days. Getting started with composting doesn’t have to cost the earth. This affordable composter from B&Q doesn’t sacrifice quality for its small price tag, and with a decent 220-litre capacity, it will happily help a mid-sized household turn kitchen and garden waste into great compost in no time. Some wastes have strong odours, which can attract flies (termed fruit flies) that are harmless, but can be a nuisance. This problem can be avoided by burying the new waste in the decomposed material or covering it with a layer of damp newspaper. Do not use chemicals to control the flies as it could harm the worms.

WormBox Wormery review - BBC Gardeners World Magazine

Alternatively, if the weather is warm and dry, spread the contents of the wormery thinly over a polythene sheet. Cover the centre of the compost with layer of wet newspaper. As the compost dries, the worms will move towards the cool, moist compost under the newspaper from where they can be collected. Once emptied, and the worms separated, the wormery can be filled with a new layer of bedding, the worms returned. The most usual worm gears are constructed with a steel worm and a brass wheel. This is because the brass wheel is commonly simpler to remodel than the worm itself. The wheel is constructed of brass since it is modeled to be sacrificial. READ NEXT: The best lawn mowers to maintain small gardens What different types of compost bin are available? This wormery comes from ‘Ferme Lombriculture du Moutta, a worm farm in the South of France not far from the Pyrenees. They have heaps of experience with worm composting on a small and large scale, so you can expect this to show in their wormery. If you've seen any pests or beneficial insects in your garden in the past few days please report them to The Big Bug Hunt and help create a warning system to alert you when bugs are heading your way.

Key specs – Dimensions (LWH): 53 x 73 x 86cm; Capacity: 220 litres; Suitable for: Outdoor use; Material: Recycled plastic Price: very good value for a great design and added features you get with a strong wheel base, option to use as seat and large capacity per tray In the bottom, place an 8cm (3¼in) layer of moist ‘bedding material’ such as old compost or coir if it is provided by the supplier. This creates a humid layer in which the worms can burrow and begin to digest their food You may even want to get involved in “vermicomposting” using a worm compost bin. Here, worms break down your kitchen waste to produce both incredibly high-quality compost and worm compost tea. If you’re unfamiliar with worm tea, it’s made from soaking worm manure in hot water and is described by many as the “liquid gold” fertiliser.

WORMbox | Wormery Worm Farm composter 3 Black Trays + Planter WORMbox | Wormery Worm Farm composter 3 Black Trays + Planter

Owing to its special model, the worm gear finds applications in different kinds of Industries. The stainless steel reducer is most commonly used in the food processing industry. Some of the most usual forms or places it is used are: Key specs – Dimensions (LWH): 62 x 55 x 114cm; Capacity: 200 litres; Suitable for: Outdoor use; Material: PlasticFor those looking for a large outdoor composter but wanting to steer clear of the more common plastic bin models, this wooden compost bin is a real find. With a 250-litre capacity, it’s perfect for anyone hoping to turn lots of kitchen and garden waste into compost. Brass worm and brass wheel – This application is most probably found in modest to thin load conditions since the brass can just hold up to a lower amount of load. The lubricant option on this metal combination is adoptable due to the lighter load, but one should still consider the extra restrictions regarding EP since the yellow metal. I store mine in the garage which is handy for access when it’s raining because my garage is joined to my house. It is also a good temperature most of the year round so I don’t have to worry about that. Getting The Bed Made In Preparation For The Worms Spiral Bevel Gearboxes Spiral Bevel gears and pinions made on the Gleason 280G designed to work in our red aluminium gearbox casings.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment