276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Buzzin': The Nine Lives of a Happy Monday

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Mark Berry – forever known to the world as Bez– became the so-called Chemical Generation’s bug-eyed pied piper, every weekend leading millions out to oblivion and beyond, as they adopted his E-gobbling party lifestyle. gura na jednu stranu, život ga vraća na drugu, pa na kraju završi na trećoj, o kojoj ni mislio nije. I bori se, trudi, zalaže, a kao da ništa ne radi. Ponekad se, retko, ponešto primi i izađe onako kako je hteo. Pa i onda svi potrče da mu to razgrade. A opet mora, ne može drugačije, nego da se upinje. I kad zna da nema kud. Pogotovo onda. Jer, ko jednom posustane, ko reši da se ne trudi, ko se prepusti, taj tek nikakve izglede nema na zelenu granu da izađe. A zaostane, odmah i nestane. Ovako, dok radi, dok prevezuje i podvezuje rasuto, kupi klasje u snopove i sadeva u krstine, možda ga život opet baci na neku iole plodniju njivu u rodnijoj godini. Ako stane, neće ga baciti nigde, ostaće tu gde je stao, bos na strnjištu.” So, that was the original Happy Mondays line-up before Bez joined. Shaun Ryder, Paul Ryder, Mark Day, Paul Davis and Gaz Whelan. X, Horse, Cowhead, Knobhead and No Arse.”

Bez books and biography | Waterstones

I met my fiance, Firouzeh Razavi, nearly nine years ago. It was her 30th birthday and she was having a drink with her friends, while I was out with my mate. We walked into this bar, our eyes met across the table, and that was it. I’m not normally romantic, but I tried to make it special when I proposed to her. I set up a posh picnic basket and got her family and my family to wait on the top of this mountain near where we live. Me and Firouzeh walked up the mountain and she noticed a big letter D that I’d put out in tribute to her younger brother who’d died. Then she saw her dad. And her sisters and everyone else, and I proposed. It was great. And it’s easier if everyone is there so you don’t have to tell them all separately afterwards. His adult life has been extraordinary: unbelievable scrapes with mortality, periods of financial ruin, mindf**k moments like when David Bowie genuflected before him, and enough narcotic-strewn hi-jinx to fill several more volumes of memoir. Bez in 1996 and 2022 Bez in 1996 and 2022. Later photograph: Pål Hansen/The Guardian. Styling: Andie Redman. Archive photograph: Kevin Cummins/Getty Images Bez, the Happy Mondays’ chief maraca-shaker and an undisputed national treasure, has written a new memoir – and it will be published this autumn.

Neither an accomplished musician nor even a very good dancer, Bez was a prime candidate for fleeting celebrity, soon to sink into ‘Where Are They Now?’ obscurity. When he bowled into Celebrity Big Brother in 2005, he ended up winning the series, as viewers came to understand his fundamental decency and sunny outlook. By the time I was about 19, I decided I didn’t want to get caught up in the sort of shit I was doing again, so thought the best thing I could do was to have a huge adventure and go travelling. I lived in Morocco for a bit and was shoplifting just to survive; pinching bars of chocolate. I got chased out of town and had to hide in a cave for three weeks until the money I’d been waiting for arrived. You create your own reality, and travelling created one that completely changed my whole outlook on life.

Bez - Facebook Bez - Facebook

Buzzin’ simply has to be true because the stories in it are too wild and improbable to exist as fiction.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment