276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Animals of Farthing Wood

£66.495£132.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Fox, Badger, Toad, Tawny Owl, Mole and the other animals band together and leave their ancestral home and set off to move to a far-away nature reserve. The rest of the group walks through some poisoned farm fields and come across a naturalist as they rest in an orchard.

They learn of a nature reserve, White Deer Park, where they will be safe, and undertake to make the journey together. Meanwhile several of the voles and fieldmice have babies and are all left behind to look after them, but all the babies and several adults are killed by a shrike so they all decide to rejoin the group. I am exclusively here for Adder making sarcastic comments and saving lives on the sly, then being really mean to them when they try to thank him because emotions are gross. Web icon An illustration of a computer application window Wayback Machine Texts icon An illustration of an open book.All'inizio non mi aveva catturata, ma poi la storia ha preso piede e si è trasformata in una bellissima lettura! Our resources are crucial for knowledge lovers everywhere—so if you find all these bits and bytes useful, please pitch in. I remember watching episodes of The Animals of Farthing Wood TV show on YouTube when I was about 11-12 and although I really enjoyed watching the TV adaptation, I never actually read the book for some reason.

I would probably listen to the audiobook again, as it seems like it would be good background listening. I love how Dann weaved through so many environmental issues into this adventure without it being preachy.

Ok, so I wasn't intending to listen to this as this was on my wife's kindle, but the most recent renovation work on our house meant we were in the same room working, so I listened. Voi sitä nostalgian määrää, jonka kirjasta voi saada: löysin teoksen vasta aikuisiällä, mutta katsoin siihen perustuvaa animaatiosarjaa lapsena. Moreover, they try to help each other even though there is a boundary between carnivore and herbivore animals. That is when her son, Bold strays into the blue foxes' land to avenge the death of his sister, but is captured, and quickly escapes. When Whisper tells them that Bold is dying, Vixen and her family leave the park to find him and are informed of his whereabouts by Robber.

The animals agree that Toad will lead them all to White Deer Park and Fox is chosen as their leader for their upcoming journey. She heads back towards him, but she is pursued by a fox hunt and tries to lose them in some woods and becomes trapped.The animals got together and decided to take the long and dangerous trek to an animal sanctuary, White Deer Park. After Husky is captured by The Beast, Vixen realizes that Badger has gone to offer himself to the cat so she rushes off to stop him. They all escape the church, but some of the slower animals are left behind and have to be fetched by Whistler.

There’s an obvious lack of female characters in the book which is kind of annoying, but then I guess this wasn’t an issue for children’s books published in the late seventies.Death is a constant threat throughout the book as some of the other animals won’t complete the journey. One thing that the tv adaptation improved on was changing some of the animals into female characters, it gives a more diverse feel to the story. You got to know about each animal in Farthing Wood because their name was their species and for all females, mate. I had no sooner set it down, than I was reaching for the next book in the series, In the Grip of Winter, which chronicles the animals' experiences after they reach White Deer Park.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment