276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bungo Stray Dogs, Vol. 1 (light novel): Osamu Dazai's Entrance Exam (Bungo Stray Dogs (Light Novel))

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I loved The Flags, I wish we could get more stories with them. I loved how they valued their friendship and how they went out of their way to bring that anniversary gift. How they wanted Chuuya to feel human, to celebrate together and just have fun. And I love how much Chuuya cares even though he tries to act cool. Told from Kunikida Doppo's POV, we learn how Dazai became an employee of the Armed Detective Agency while they solve a murder case. The play begins, and Fukuzawa scans the theater to find the possible killer. He spots a suspicious man, but Ranpo stubbornly complains during the play. Though he tries to calm him, Fukuzawa soon finds Ranpo desperately shouting among the crowd on why nobody understands him, after which Fukuzawa brings him out of the theater hall. He discovers that Ranpo's parents essentially sealed away his skill for him to learn about the world like an ordinary person, knowing that society will come off as strange to him. However, Ranpo is left unguided after their deaths, causing him to misunderstand the world before he can fully comprehend it.

Again, Asagiri sensei... How dare you make me cry again for the infinite times because of bsd... Your words never failed to pierce our hearts, the ending is absolutely beautiful 🥺Osamu Dazai and the dark era - takes place four years before the start of the series and focuses on Dazai’s past with the Port Mafia, as well as his reason for leaving the organisation. It has been adapted into the anime. I'll try to write this review without any spoilers hahahhaha I've spoilt a lot in my updates so yes, hopefully this will be a spoiler-free review. He wasn't afraid of death, for he believed that hell would be far more pleasant than this place. Nor did he fear the pain of dying, as day after endless day was nothing but torture." *CRIES

Two: Reading Dark Era did making me feel sad over this. Odasaku and Dazai are truly in love which other (who cares romantically or platonically?) Canonically, they wanted to protect each other even after death . I don't think I'd be able to review this properly. Like how do I express it with words?? It's so heartbreaking to know what Chuuya had gone through and what leads to Verlaine's action and NOW I TERRIBLY MISS BSD SO MUCH😭😭 I was actually thinking that what if the next novel is about Dazai?! I know we already have two around him but what about something from his viewpoint?!I read that book a few days ago, and I couldn't stop myself from reading the next volume eventhough I have my end of year exam in 2 weeks. Beast - tells the story of an alternative version of the world of Bungo Stray Dogs. The light novel has been adapted into three manga volumes. It is not part of the main BSD universe.

Dazai, Chuuya, Age 15 - takes place 7 years before the start of the main series and follows Dazai and Chuuya’s meeting. It has been adapted into the anime. Murase, who has since been bent on getting Chūya out of the Mafia, tries to strike a plea deal with the mafioso to be released with Shirase in exchange for selling out internal Mafia intel, which Chūya flatly rejects. Adam breaks Shirase out of jail at Chūya's behest, but Verlaine storms the facility and corners them. Chūya arrives despite Adam's cautionary messages and fights Verlaine. Before Chūya uncontrollably unleashes Arahabaki again courtesy of Verlaine, the latter spots Murase and kills him—his actual first target—before retreating. Needless to say, this is one of the strongest books in the franchise, mange or light novel. It helps to flesh out Dazai, Akutagawa, Kenji, and Tanizaki and brings home the elements of the their characters that we don't always get to see but that are important to the story. It's bittersweet in the right way, a way that makes us contrast those two central phrases.But my favorite part with Paul was the scene when he meets Rimbaud again and the last gift. Yoshihide's expressions in the stage play were so on point, I was weeping. And... I guess that's all for my review. I think I might have gone crazy a little, but that doesn't matter. GO, read the book! Let's together hurt ourself.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment