276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Batman One Dark Knight

£10.425£20.85Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

in time to save him, than seeing Batman get beaten into the ground, only to get back up and hit back twice as hard. Can even Batman deliver the prisoners across different gang turfs, his rouges and the usual police corruption (this is Gotham). It’s also nice to see Batman focused on *protecting* a prisoner instead of just “making sure he’s contained/punished. Jock has been one of my favorite artists since hitting the scene and finally gets to be showcased in an oversized DC Black Label series. To boot, it ties some of the major dangling threads together, which results in a satisfying resolution at the very end in terms of character arcs and themes.

It's not a bad attempt for a first time writing but it just falls into the seemingly endless list of average/below average Batman stories that have been published. GCPD are preparing to transport a dangerous meta-villain from Arkham to Blackgate - but Gotham’s gangs have other plans. I’m not going insult people for enjoying a book that wasn’t my cup of tea, so I’ll just say this wasn’t the kind of Black Label Batman story that works on any level for me personally.

I love both the first and second issue of this story, and have praised them for their glorious visuals and sharp writing while giving them high scores. Its angle was the gentrification accelerated by Bruce Wayne's "urban development," and I thought it did a pretty good job while also looking stunning. comic) Batman and Robin (comic) Batman and Robin Eternal (comic) Batman/Superman (comic) Batman v Superman (General Mills) Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (comic) Batman: Arkham Unhinged Batwing (comic) Catwoman (comic) Detective Comics (comic) Earth 2 (comic) Earth 2: Society (comic) Gotham Academy (comic) Gotham Academy: Second Semester (comic) Gotham by Midnight (comic) Grayson (comic) Harley Quinn (comic) Injustice: Gods Among Us (comic) Injustice: Gods Among Us: Ground Zero (comic) Justice League (comic) Justice League/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (comic) Justice League of America (Rebirth) Mother Panic (comic) New Suicide Squad (comic) Nightwing (comic) Poison Ivy: Cycle of Life and Death (comic) Red Hood/Arsenal (comic) Red Hood and the Outlaws (comic) Robin: Son of Batman (comic) Teen Titans Go!

This is definitely one of the better Black Label things for me, I’ve always enjoyed Jock’s work and this one not exception. While his storytelling is ok, seeing a full book of his art almost takes away from it; as if it shines a light on what's NOT good about his art. Now every electrical system in Gotham has been knocked out including the lights and all of Batman's gadgets and vehicles. Unfortunately, the villain is a living EMP grenade and is pretty much instantly set off, plunging the city even deeper into darkness. Ultimately One Dark Knight is a lot of Batman running away from gangsters with guns, mostly indistinguishable one to the next; the strength of the premise — how Batman might change his Batman-ing in the absence of electricity — wasn’t examined enough for my liking.Especially when it comes to the Dark Knight, Jock has proven himself to be one of the best artists on that character, so anytime he gets to do anything Batman-related, it might as well be an event.

Among my reading the DC Black Label books, I’ve noted a few titles with events that fall under the old Elseworlds parlance of “shouldn’t exist. The transport van is hit with an RPG before Batman can get to it and EMP goes off and blacks out all of Gotham City. Now every light in Gotham is out, the police have been knocked into disarray, and a broken, bleeding Batman must fight his way to Blackgate, block by block, dragging E.There were also a few points in the book where it wasn't clear to me what was going on, from a visual perspective. This book as a whole was just not my thing at all though, and I appreciate my roommate for letting me read all of the singles he bought. This was something I was trepidatious about, considering the danger of artists having 100% control over the creation of a comic, a key example would be early 90s Image comics, where the art may be eye-popping, the writing has often been uninspired.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment